Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Edgar Winter Honored By Appointment to Panel

Guy Hollerin, the fellow blogger behind "This Place is Dead Anyway" (a very funny blog that I read regularly) emailed me this morning to ask if I would serve on his "panel of guest blogger judges" in a contest where the winner gets to go on a date with him. After repeat assurances that service would not require that my identity be revealed, or even that I do anything more than read a couple of submission essays, I happily accepted the "appointment."

According to Hollerin, the date will involve 40's of OE, dinner at Bennigan's, and eventually, "uncomfortable coitus." Normally I don't fancy myself a virtual pimp, but given my appointment to his panel (which apparently means that I've somehow gone from "despondent junkie" to "noteworthy local blogger,") I thought I'd give the contest a plug. If you're interested in submitting an entry, got to www.thisplaceisdeadanyway.blogspot.com and follow the instructions. Mention your love of my site in your entry and I'll be sure and look more favorably upon your application come judgment day.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

'05-'06

4:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I can't beleive you, out of all people, were selected. What is Guy like? Are the rumors true? Is he really a flaming homosexual?

1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


referer referrer referers referrers http_referer